Chef Ernesto prepares a delicious Pumpkin Pie Crème Brulee with ChefZone’s exclusive Bountiful Harvest Solid Packed Pumpkin.
- 1 Pillsbury 9” Regular Pie Crust (available at ChefZone)
- 1 Cup Bountiful Harvest Solid Packed Pumpkin (available at ChefZone)
- ½ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg Yolk 1 tbsp. McCormick Pumpkin Spice Powder
Crème Brulee Custard
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Real Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a fork, dock the bottom and sides of the pie crust.
- Bake the crust for about 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a food processor, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, spice, and egg yolk to make the pumpkin pie filling. Process for about 3 minutes. Pour the filling into the semi-baked pie crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 5 minutes and let cool.
- Make the crème brulee filling. Mix 4 egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla thoroughly for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a non-reactive pot, bring heavy cream to a quick boil.
- Slowly add the heavy cream into the mixture.
- Pour contents on to the pumpkin pie shell.
- Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Let pie cool completely.
- Top cooled pumpkin crème brulee pie with granulated sugar.
- Use a kitchen blow torch (available at ChefZone) to heat sugar until completely caramelized.
- Serve with a side of whipped cream (optional) and enjoy!