Chef Ernesto prepares Lemongrass Braised Short Ribs with UCook Hawaii Lemongrass Sauce and Boneless Short Ribs from Hawaii Meats, both available in-store at ChefZone.
- 1 Slab of Hawaii Meats Boneless Short Ribs # 115696
- 1×12 oz. Bottle of UCook Hawaii Lemongrass Sauce & Marinade #3183254
- 5 oz Shallots, Minced
- 5 Stalks Fresh Lemongrass (Bottom Ends, Cut Lengthwise)
- 1 oz Salt
- 2 oz Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 oz Fresh Cracked Coriander
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- 8 oz Low Sodium Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- Cut the boneless short rib slab into ½” pieces.
- Combine pepper, coriander, and salt and season short ribs.
- Heat oil and sear seasoned short ribs on both sides.
- Transfer seared short ribs to a braising pan.
- In the same pan that the short ribs were seared, cook shallots, and freshly cut lemongrass for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 bottle of UCook Hawaii’s Lemongrass Sauce & Marinade.
- Add mixture and stock to braising pan and cover.
- Place the braising pan in a 350-degree oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove and chargrill short ribs (optional).
- Plate, pour sauce on top of the short ribs, and serve.