Chef Ernesto shares his method of easily removing the skin from a frozen Mahi-Mahi.
- Make sure to clean and sanitize your sink and prep area.
- Rinse the skin side of the frozen mahi-mahi with cold water for about 1 minute.
- Loosen the mahi-mahi skin on the head side.
- Use clean towels (for extra grip) and pull the loosened skin towards the tail side, while holding down the fillet.
- The skin should peel right off!
- Rinse the skinless fish fillet with cold water.
- Thaw the skinless mahi-mahi in the refrigerator for about a day.
- After the mahi-mahi has thawed you can cut it down to desired cooking pieces.
- You can remove the middle blood vein of the fish (optional).
- Cut the smaller section into cube pieces.
- Cut the larger section into fillets at an angle.
These frozen mahi-mahi fillets are available in-store at ChefZone!