- 1- 5 lbs. Perdue Whole Chicken Fryer Thawed (#114774)
- 1- 4 lbs. Simplot Farmhouse Original Mashed Potatoes ( #234686)
- 1- Can of 12oz Beer. Your Choice!
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Feeds: 8-10 people
- Rinse a can of your favorite 12 oz. beer, pat dry and set aside.
- Pat dry your thawed out Perdue chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Open beer and place in chicken cavity upright. Roast upright at 350°F until skin is browned and crisp. Note: You are not pouring the beer into cavity, the heat of the oven will cause the beer to evaporate into the chicken, infusing it into the skin and meat. Yummy!
- Warm up your Farmhouse Original mashed potatoes.
- Enjoy your delicious beer roasted chicken and mashed potatoes!
Chef Ernesto Tips:
*Chef Ernesto recommends using a dark beer for a richer and more sultry taste. Try a local Kona brew blend found right here in Chef Zone.
*Want to spruce up your mashed potatoes? Chef Ernesto’s trick is to heat up the mashed potatoes, add butter and a hint of nutmeg. Simple yet delicious…