Chef Ernest prepares a decadent Chocolate Soufflé for Valentine’s Day using Katy’s Kitchen Chocolate Syrup, found exclusively at ChefZone.
- ½ oz. All Purpose Flour
- 2 oz. Whole Milk
- 4 oz. Katy’s Kitchen Chocolate Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz. Granulated Sugar
- Powdered Sugar (just enough to garnish)
- 6 Eggs
- 1 oz. Butter
- Pastry Brush
- Electric Mixer
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pot, melt butter.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the inside of the ramekins with melted butter.
- Spread granulated sugar in the ramekins. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with remaining sugar.
- Add flour, vanilla extract, and chocolate syrup. Mix all ingredients.
- In a pot, bring the milk to a slight simmer and add the yolk mixture.
- Cook the mixture on low heat for about 1 minute, then transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites to a soft peak consistency.
- Gently mix whipped egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Pour the soufflé mixture into the ramekins.
- Place in the oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Cook for about 6 minutes or until the soufflé batter rises.
- Remove the Soufflés and top with powdered sugar.
- Add more chocolate syrup and dig in!