Chef Ernesto shows you how to make an easy and delicious Hollandaise Sauce to go with your Asparagus.
- 3 Egg yolks
- 4 oz Butter, melted and at room temperature
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp water
- White Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks, water, lemon juice, and zest.
- Boil water in a pot.
- Once water is boiling, turn off the heat and place mixing bowl above the pot.
- Whisk the ingredients thoroughly (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Place the mixing bowl on a countertop.
- Mix in the melted butter, salt, white, and cayenne peppers.
- Top your dish of choice with the sauce and enjoy!
Chef Ernesto`s tip – save the egg whites by freezing and use for souffles or meringues.