Use a Peeler on the Skin of Asparagus
Peeling the skin of an asparagus helps to remove the stringy portion and gives the cooked asparagus a nice two-tone color.
- Hold the asparagus and peel toward the root end. Stopping at about 1 or 2 inches from the end (This is usually where the outer skin is getting tough).
- Slice the root end off on a sharp angle.
- Boil a pot of water with a little salt.
- Blanche the asparagus (about 2 minutes).
- Remove asparagus from water and place on a dish.
- Add your favorite sauce and enjoy!