Membership is simple and FREE to all foodservice operators and non-profit organizations that serve food. To qualify for a free membership account, please complete the application form below. Then complete State of Hawaii Form G-17 at the Membershp Desk or download the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Your membership card will be available for pick-up from the Membership Desk at ChefZone. Cards may take 1-2 weeks to process. Call us at (808) 852-6700 with additional questions.
Membership Rules & Policies
• Membership is available to all qualifying businesses and organizations. Members and authorized cardholders must be 18 years of age or older.
• ChefZone reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant and members acknowledge and agree that membership is revocable (cancellable) by ChefZone at any time with or without cause.
• Members acknowledge and agree that policies and members’ rights, privileges and obligations, and terms of membership may be amended from time to time by ChefZone without notice, all at ChefZone’s sole discretion.
• ChefZone shall have no responsibility or liability because of any revocation (cancellation) of membership or amendment of rights, privileges, obligations, or terms of membership.
• Members agree that Chef Zone may use the email provided in the membership application to communicate regarding their Chef Zone membership.
• Member may have up to 6 card holders, whose names must be provided to ChefZone, but each card holder must be working for the registered member and purchasing only on behalf of the registered member (not for the card holder’s own account).
• Membership cards must be presented when entering the store and when checking out at the registers.
• Report lost or stolen cards to ChefZone customer service counter immediately or call 808-852-6700.
• Memberships may be terminated at ChefZone’s discretion. Cards must be returned upon request.
• Replacement cards for members will be issued with a fee of $5 upon request.
Taxes and Resale Certificates
• Member shall complete and provide Form G-17 (Resale Certificate for Goods), GET and Federal Tax ID# to ChefZone.
• ChefZone reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.
• ChefZone shall not be held responsible or liable for products or services from or by third-party providers.
• Shopping carts are not designed to hold children. Do not allow children to ride inside any carts. ChefZone will not be held liable for injuries to children riding in carts.
Renewing, Adding or Deleting Cards
• The authorized signatory must notify ChefZone of any changes to card holder names immediately.
• Members will receive renewal notices each year.
• We welcome cash, checks, debit/ATM cards, MasterCard, Visa, AMEX and P-Card (Federal Government only).
• Business checks must be imprinted with the member’s name and address and drawn on a Hawaii bank. Temporary checks are not accepted. We will ask for your identification and telephone number if it is not imprinted on the check.
• Checks must be written in the exact amount, issued on the member’s checking account, pre-printed with the member’s name, address and telephone number and presented by the member.
• The member is responsible for purchases made by any additional cardholders. In the event that the member has a check returned by the bank, the member will make good the face amount of the check upon demand, plus a reasonable service charge and other expenses incurred.
• ChefZone does not accept manufacturers’ discount coupons or other retail establishment discount coupons (other than those distributed by ChefZone).
• ChefZone must approve all returned goods. All returned goods must be accompanied with a copy of your receipt.
• All returned goods will be inspected by ChefZone personnel at 2888 Ualena Street to ensure they are in their original packaging, in the same delivery condition, and in resalable condition. Any products not meeting these standards will be rejected and customers will be notified of such rejections.
• The U.S. Government now requires ChefZone and all food suppliers to conform to its new regulations. It is of utmost importance that all fresh (chill) or frozen beef, pork, lamb, veal, seafood, and poultry must be inspected upon purchase.
• ChefZone personnel will not be allowed to accept these products after they have been purchased, as ChefZone cannot attest to where and how the products were stored and handled by the customer.
• ChefZone will deny all damage claims after 24 hours from the time of purchase.
• Claims for spoiled goods other than those covered by paragraph II must be made within 48 hours from the time of purchase. A store credit may be issued only upon inspection and approval by ChefZone.
• Claims and returned goods not covered under paragraph II (U.S. Government), III (damage), AND IV (spoilage) must be requested for return within 14 days of the date of purchase and approved by ChefZone. Return requests will be subject to a restocking charge of 25% of purchase price.
• All return requests that are over 14 days from the date of purchase will be denied.
*ChefZone is a registered name of Y. Hata & Company, Limited. All references to “ChefZone” means Y. Hata & Company, Limited, dba ChefZone.